When it comes time to pick out a business phone, there are many factors to consider in order to maximize productivity and minimize cost. So when shopping for your next business phone, keep this business phone checklist in mind:
- Communication functionality. Today, email and messaging systems are common on almost every phone. But when looking for a dedicated business phone, consider the ability to utilize multiple messaging systems and multiple accounts. In addition, make sure the phone can effectively open a variety of attachments that might be sent via text or email.
- QWERTY keyboard. This is a matter of preference, but often having a full keyboard layout can decrease the time it takes to respond to messages. If your business is time-dependent, also consider searching for phones that have word-completing software or handwriting enabled software.
- “On-hold” features. If you often receive many calls, it can be helpful to have a musical or automated message for when you can’t immediately answer the phone.
- Voicemail features. If your voicemail box is constantly filling up, there are many features to lessen the load of sifting through so many messages. Some systems can send voicemails to email – others can link multiple phones to the same voicemail box. This will allow you to check messages faster and return client calls in a more timely manner.
- Security. With any phone, security is a concern but a dedicated business phone especially needs to have heightened security measures in place. One option is remote wiping; this is the ability to erase all data on the phone from a remote location. If your phone is lost or stolen, this feature is invaluable for protecting the privacy of your business.
If you have any questions about business phones, business phone checklist, or would like help deciding what the best phone might be for you, contact us at Clarus Communications or by phone at 314-801-6700. Our business is keeping you in business!