Mobility and Flexibility:
The influx of smart phones and tablets as tools of the workplace has solved many of the communication issues that used to plague businesses just 20 years ago. Now, your staff carries the office, virtually all the important information, and direct contact with colleagues with them everywhere and can almost fully operate everywhere. However, many worry that this level of portability brings with it a host of new security, legal and supervisory issues for which new solutions have to be devised.
Questions for Mobile device management:
If mobile staff are carrying access to confidential information with them in their pockets or briefcases,
- how does management assure itself that there are no confidentiality breeches?
- how can management control the whereabouts of valuable property?
- how to can you be sure that company property is being used for company purposes?
Mobile device management systems are built around a single management console.
- The software uses data from the location systems in the phones or tablets to track each device, linked to its user.
- The console also allows management to enroll or disable users from the network.
- Authentication of each user works in much the same way as the in-house computer network does.
- The dashboard gives administrators a view of the how the mobile devices are being used globally and can drill down into the user data for each device.
- Statistical information on the extent and kind of mobile device use can be configured in various ways to provide the kind of overview most important to management.
- Outbound messages and commands can be issued from the central location to any and all field devices.
- Data from the mobile network can be collected in a way that provides useful metrics for the analysis of business operations, client intelligence, sales levels and the like.
If you have any questions about mobile devise management for your company, please visit Clarus Communications here or call us at 855-801-6700 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff. Clarus Communications is a national leader that specializes in providing over 45 telecommunication and technology provider solutions. We would appreciate the opportunity to become your technology partner and help you find the best solution for you and your company.