Unified Communications Is Changing the Way We Use Technology
While Unified Communications can drastically improve a firm’s competitive position, getting started can be a daunting task. With a myriad of services available, it can be difficult to configure your Unified Communications to fit the needs of your business, seamlessly and cost-effectively. Advanced features such as desktop sharing, data sharing, speech recognition, instant messaging and more can vastly improve your company’s communications, across the enterprise, but can be difficult to configure and implement, without the services of a reliable telecommunications partner.
Here, we will discuss some of the services that are available through Unified Communications and how they can benefit your business.
What is Meant by “Unified Communications”?
Unified communications refer to the integration of communications systems that help people exchange ideas and perform their job functions more effectively. Some of those features include instant communications tools, known as “synchronous” communications, such as instant messaging and IP telephony. These types of communications tools provide collaboration in real-time, regardless of the physical location of the users.
Other communication tools such as social media, voicemail, and email provide “asynchronous” communication, meaning that the communication does not take place in real-time. The ultimate goal of Unified Communications is to integrate the various types of software that your business uses, both synchronous and asynchronous, so that your employees have access to the tools needed to perform their jobs, regardless of their physical location or the device they’re using.
How Can Unified Communications Benefit My Business?
Unified Communications empowers employees and allows them to work more effectively from any broadband internet-accessible location. This greatly increases employee productivity, because users are no longer tethered to a desk, with a stationary phone and computer. With Unified Communications, employees can access their data, receive calls and collaborate with other employees, seamlessly, wherever they may be and from a multitude of devices.
Further, because Unified Communications allows employees to see the status of coworkers, in real time, they can select the best platform for communicating with their peers, cutting down on wasted time and improving their productivity. With today’s mobile workforce, teams rarely meet, in-person, all at once so unified communications is bridging that gap.
What Are Some of the Features of Unified Communications?
- One Number – Calls can be delivered to your employees, regardless of their location, or communications device.
- Click to Dial – Instantly connect with other employees or customers, through a web browser
- Screen Pops – Provides instantaneous customer information, allowing you to deliver a superior level of customer service.
- Disaster Recovery – In the event of a disaster, calls can be instantaneously rerouted, so you never miss a call or lose productivity.
- Presence – Provides users with the status of other employees, allowing them to select the best form of communication.
- Unified Messaging – all of your emails, faxes and voicemails are delivered to one inbox
- Integrated Audio/Web Conferencing – instantly connect with peers and customers, using integrated audio and web conferencing.
- Instant Messaging – Connect with fellow employees, in real time, through instant messaging, regardless of their physical location.
Is This a Reliable and Flexible Technology?
Unified Communications provides one of the most reliable and flexible communications solutions that businesses can deploy. Because services are delivered, remotely, through the cloud, there is no more reliable solution than Unified Communications. If there is ever a failure in the network, it is usually identified and corrected, by the provider, before you’re even aware that there was a problem. And because services can be configured, quickly and easily, through a secure web portal, Unified Communications allows your company to adapt to business challenges, seamlessly, including adding and deleting users, within minutes.
Clarus Communications has been providing telecommunications solutions to clients throughout the St. Louis, Missouri area, since 2001. We welcome the opportunity to work with your business to develop a Unified Communications solution that will meet your needs now, as well as allow for future growth and flexibility.