When it’s time to manage business utilities, there are things that you should do, and here they are:
- First: Turn off unused electronics and unplug them. Just because the device is turned off does not mean that it is not using electricity. When done working for the day, utility bills can be reduced by turning off all electronics and unplugging them.
- Second: Install energy saving technology. For instance, install programmable thermostats and energy saving refrigerators. These tactics are beneficial in saving money due to lower energy usages.
- Third: Use energy saving lighting. For example, change light bulbs to lower watts. This can be beneficial in reducing energy expenses because not as much electricity is being fueled to the outlet, which will reduce costs.
- Fourth: Do not cool an empty building. Program the thermostat to be higher after hours when no one is there and on the weekend. It can be programmed to cool the building before employees and clients are set to arrive at the building.
- Fifth: Be sure air filters are changed monthly. Through regularly changing air conditioning filters, it is possible to reduce energy expenses because there will not be so much grime and dirt for the air to filter through.
- Sixth: Renovate the facility. For example, white walls reflect light, so heat is not absorbed into the building during the summer. Yet, during the winter, it helps maintain the temperature of the facility.
- Seventh: Update electronic equipment. For example, exchange the air conditioning system to an updated energy saving system.
In essence, modernizing the workplace is a key component to managing business utilities.
Visit Clarus Communications here or call us at 855-801-6700 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff so we can work with you on finding the right utility management system for your business at the most affordable rates. Our goal is to ensure high levels of customer service plus building and maintaining a system that enables your business to run well.
Clarus Communications is a national leader that specializes in providing over 60 telecommunication and technology provider solutions and we would appreciate the opportunity to become your technology partner and help you find the best solution for you and your company.