Lately, in order to remain competitive, companies are running leaner, meaner budgets, making significant cutbacks, and getting creative to save money. However, it’s not just about companies improving their bottom-line anymore, customers are looking to do business with environmentally conscious organizations, and looking for companies that will pass some of the savings along to them. Utility management for sustainability is a great and effective way to ensure a business isn’t paying more than they have to or wasting resources.
Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff built Honest Tea from scratch into a $100 million enterprise and told Forbes Magazine, “Everything will cost twice as much, and take twice as long as you think. My recommendation is you apply the principles of lean to your business from day one. No fancy offices. No fancy full-color brochures. Your goal is to stay alive until you can nail your secret formula for success. Blowing the budget will ensure nothing but a quick death.”
Depending on the measures you choose, your paybacks can be quick, and your business will continue to accrue these savings over time. Energy Star suggests a step-by-step plan to improve your energy management, “First make a commitment, assess performance and set goals, create an action plan, implement the action plan, evaluate and measure progress, recognize achievements, then go back make necessary adjustments and re-assess. Because utility management for sustainability is such a large commitment and requires a certain amount of expertise and knowledge, many companies forgo the opportunity to save money all year-round, either not knowing where to start, what they’re looking at, what they’re looking for, or what options can save them the largest amount of money.
Companies often miss where billing errors have occurred and could be overpaying every month, or losing out on the money where annual refunds are due. After a comprehensive review and utility account audit has been performed, companies will benefit from reduced costs and possible refunds, followed by continuous monitoring that will ensure proper continued performance and sustainable energy efficiency.
Benefits of Utility Management for Sustainability:
- Reduce Costs: Reduce costs by focusing on potential savings related to unit costs, pay rate per kilowatt-hour, per mmbtu, or per cubic foot costs.
- Achieve Sustainable Energy Efficiency: Make changes that will afford sustainable energy efficiency all year.
- Increase Efficiency: High-efficiency programs and equipment will increase production and lower overall costs.
- Improve Organization: Organizations with multiple facilities in different geographic regions served by numerous utility companies can face immense difficulties managing their utility accounts. Having a single source of responsibility for making sure that utilities are minimized at all times throughout the entire business will greatly increase organization.
- Improve Performance: After performance audits, it’s easy to see where improvements are necessary and essential to increasing energy efficiency.
- Increase Profit Margins: With monthly savings, rebates, and refunds, any saved costs will go back to increasing profit margins.
Achieving sustainable energy efficiency may sound like a large commitment, however with a robust utility management solution it’s not only possible, it’s easy. Wasting money has never been a part of a great business plan, yet too many companies are hemorrhaging money all year long. Staying afloat these days is harder than ever, but it doesn’t have to be with effective energy solutions and a quality utility management for sustainability platform. Companies can start saving money almost immediately, increase their profits, improve customer satisfaction, and ultimately, focus on the bigger picture and why they started their business in the first place.
Visit Clarus Communications here or call us at 855-801-6700 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff so we can work with you on finding the right utility management service for your business at the most affordable rates. Our goal is to ensure high levels of customer service plus building and maintaining a system that enables your business to run well.
Clarus Communications is a national leader that specializes in providing over 60 telecommunication and technology provider solutions and we would appreciate the opportunity to become your technology partner and help you find the best solution for you and your company.